In 1870 the following people were in the George Dinkel household: George (b. 1835), John (b.1793 or 1853 -either 17 or 77), and Joseph Butcher (b. 1838). George and John were born in Germany, Joseph Butcher was born in Austria. George was a carpenter, John worked on a farm, and John Butcher was a hunter (?).2
In 1873 M. Dinkel was the sheriff of Todd County, MN. 5
25 September 1874 Geroge Dinkel was granted 160 arcres in the following area: 7
In 1875 the following people were in the George Dinkel household: George (b. 1823), Mary A. (b. 1823), Fred (b. 1853), Baptist (b.1856), Catharine (b. 1858 ), Barbara (b. 1860) and Pankratz (b. 1863). All were born in Bavaria.3
In 1880 the following people were in the George Dinkel household: George (b. 1822 ), Anna (b.1822), John (b. 1858 ), and Barrey (b. 1866) . All were born in Prussia. George was a farmer, and his two sons, John and Barrey, were farm laborers.4
In 1885 the following people were in the Mary Dinkel household (I believe George had died): Mary (b. 1820), Pankratz (b. 1863), Mary (b. 1879). The eldest two were both born in Bavaria, while Mary, who was 6, was born in Minnesota. 6
1. Fuller, Clara K. History of Morrison and Todd Counties, Minnesota: Their People, Industries and Institutions. Indianapolis, IN: B. F. Bowen & Company, Inc. 1915.
2. 1870 Federal Census. Long Prairie, Todd County, Minnesota; Roll M593_11; Image: 509.
3. 1875 Minnesota Territorial and State Census. Long Prairie, Todd County, Minnesota. Roll MNSC_16. Family 17.
4. 1880 Federal Census. Long Prairie, Todd County, Minnesota. Roll T9_635; Family History Film: 1254635; Page: 319.3000; Enumeration District: 136; Image: 0647.
5. Sheriff's office. Todd County Home. http://www.co.todd.mn.us/HTML_Files/Departments/sheriff_history.html. 2008.
6. 1885 Minnesota Territorial and State Census. Long Prairie, Todd County, Minnesota. Roll MNSC_43; Family 96
7. Ancestry.com. U.S. General Land Office Records, 1796-1907 [database on-line]. George Dinkel, 25 September 1874, Minnesota, Accession Number: MN1930__.465, Document Number 1988.