Friday, September 2, 2011

Nationalities

I have traced each of my lines back to the immigrating ancestor and came up with the percentage of each nationality. For instance, two of my great-grandparents immigrated from Bukowina (present day Romania). 2 out of 8 great-grandparents gives me a percentage of 25%. Here is  the remander of my findings:


53.1% German
25.0% Bukowina [Romanian]
12.5% Irish
3.0% English
6.4% Unknown


  The unknown percent is because I haven't been able to trace my great-great grandfather, William Stone's line to his immigrating ancestor.

1 comment:

  1. I had grandparents that immigrated from Romania and what is now Croatia but they were of German ancestry, making me 75% germanic and the balance is Hungarian & Polish.
    Regards,
    Theresa (Tangled Trees)

    ReplyDelete